Monday, October 15, 2012

Chocolate Cake for my daugtie's 10th birthday





Every year its been routine that mama bakes the birthday cake.
For a change I wanted to bake a  layer cake.
As for the cake I used the chocolate cake recipe from one of my books. The cake was too good.
As for the icing I have my favorite butter cream icing...!!

Ingredients:

  • 1 3/4 cup flour
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 3/4 cup cocoa powder
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 cup buttermilk
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 cup hot coffee
  • 2 extra -large eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla essence

Method

  1. Sift the flour, sugar, cocoa , baking powder, and salt into the bowl and mix well.
  2. Combine the buttermilk, oil, eggs and vanilla. 
  3. Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry with beater still on.
  4. Add the coffee and stir just to combine.
  5. Scrap the bowl with a rubber spatula.
  6. Preheat the oven to 175C. 
  7. I used 2 8in rounds.
  8. Pour the batter into the prepared and bake for 35 -40 minutes.
  9. Cool in the pans for 30 mts.
For Icing:



I used butter cream icing with some of my favorite colours.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

All recipes are on Petitchef

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...