Saturday, December 11, 2010

Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes

I felt like having some chocolate cupcake....as I looked into my fridge hmmm.... couldn't find butter ...so I decided  to make Vegan chocolate cupcakes from Martha Steward's  cupcakes book. I did my little bit of changes instead of using vinegar I used eggs, that itself is one big change the mix will have the effect. so lets see...


Ingredients:

  • 11/2 cups cake flour(not self-rising but I used normal flour), sifted
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/4 cup cocoa powder 
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 2 eggs (Original recipe has 1tbsp distilled white vinegar )
  • 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1 1/4 cup water
  • Confectioners' sugar, for dusting
Method:
  1. Preheat oven to 180C/350C. Line a standard muffin tin with paper liners. Sift together cake flour, granulated sugar, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
  2. With an electric mixer on medium-high speed, mix together oil, vinegar, vanilla, and the water until well combined. Add flour mixture and mix until smooth , scraping down sides of the bowls as needed (batter will be very thin).
  3. Divide batter evenly among lined cups, filling each three- quarters full.
  4. Bake , rotating tin halfway through, until a cake tester inserted into centers comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Turn out cupcakes onto a wire rack and let cool completely.
I know the photographs are not good...... sorry about that...!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

All recipes are on Petitchef

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...