Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Baked Alaska




This is one of my first dessert , I learnt it from one of my aunties. I learnt it when I was in collage. .... and still remember the mess I made...!!!!!
There are many ways to make Alaska. This is my way.





1 basic recipe sponge cake, ( the recipe I used for the cake is linked)  baked in a 10 inches round tin.
1 litre vanilla ice cream
1 tin mixed fruit tin.
5 egg whites + 10 tbsp fine sugar



Make sponge cake and cool.
Cut horixontally  1/3 of the cake from top and keep aside.
Keep a steel plate upside down and cover it with foil and place the 2/3rd part of the cake on top.
Fill the center of the cake with fruits.
Cover the ice cream with the 1/3 of the cake.
Beat the egg whites till soft peaks form, then add 1 tbsp sugar at a time  and beat to a smooth, glossy meringue.
Spread the meringue on top of the cake.
Sprinkle fine sugar on top.
Preheat the oven to 220C and bake for 5 to 10 minutes until the meringue is light brown.


2 comments:

  1. I love the star sprinkles!I followed you from the foodie blog roll and I'd love to guide Foodista readers to your site. I hope you could add this baked Alaska widget at the end of this post so we could add you in our list of food bloggers who blogged about recipes for baked Alaska,Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

All recipes are on Petitchef

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...