Thursday, June 16, 2011

Sweet Corn Chicken Soup... my way..!!

Recipe is adapted from Bhanu Ravindran's My Favourite Recipes Chinese.

I did a little bit of changes so that my daughtie enjoys having the soup ...!!!  This book is one of my mom's collections..

Ingredients:


  • 1/2 chicken Or  1 cup of boneless chicken breast , finely chopped
  • 4 cups chicken stock
  • 1 cup creamed style corn (or 1 medium can)
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp pepper
  • 1 tbsp celery finely chopped ( I don't use them since my daughtie does not like them)
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tbsp cornflour + 4 tbsp water
  • 2 spring onions ( I don't use them for kids)


Method:
Boil the cleaned chicken with 5 cups of water 1 onion ,1/2 tomato, pepper and salt. ( this is how my mom used to get the stock)
Strain the stock out.
Combine the stock, creamed corn, salt and pepper and boil.( I also don't use ajinomoto if you need add at this stage 1 tsp)
When it boils and the shredded chicken or chopped chicken and celery if you  want it.

Thicken with cornflour mixed with water and boil for a minute.

Reduce heat  and the beaten eggs in a thin stream and stir slowly with a fork in one direction.

Garnish with chopped spring onions.

5 comments:

  1. This was a fav while growing up..looks so yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ours too...!! the only soup I used enjoy having..:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a classic and an all time favorite. Yours look so yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The soup looks so warm and comforting... I love ur soup bowl and the embroidered napkin :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanx... sarah..!!
    thanx... plateful..:)

    ReplyDelete

Followers

All recipes are on Petitchef

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...