Recipe is adapted from Bhanu Ravindran's My Favourite Recipes Chinese.
I did a little bit of changes so that my daughtie enjoys having the soup ...!!! This book is one of my mom's collections..
- 1/2 chicken Or 1 cup of boneless chicken breast , finely chopped
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup creamed style corn (or 1 medium can)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp celery finely chopped ( I don't use them since my daughtie does not like them)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp cornflour + 4 tbsp water
- 2 spring onions ( I don't use them for kids)
Boil the cleaned chicken with 5 cups of water 1 onion ,1/2 tomato, pepper and salt. ( this is how my mom used to get the stock)
Strain the stock out.
Combine the stock, creamed corn, salt and pepper and boil.( I also don't use ajinomoto if you need add at this stage 1 tsp)
When it boils and the shredded chicken or chopped chicken and celery if you want it.
Thicken with cornflour mixed with water and boil for a minute.
Reduce heat and the beaten eggs in a thin stream and stir slowly with a fork in one direction.
Garnish with chopped spring onions.